At Stürtz Machinery we design and build industry leading automated machinery for the vinyl window manufacturing industry. We are looking for an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer at our Twinsburg, Ohio facility to design state of the art vinyl window welding, sawing, fabrication and conveyance systems for manufacture at our plant here. Qualified individuals must have experience with PLC’s, machine control design, motors, electro-mechanical devices, wiring schematics and AutoCAD. If you enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of designing automated machines, this position may be a great fit for you.
• Interface with customers and sales to define project requirements.
• Work with our Sales team to develop project estimates
• Design electrical controls for machines to meet customer requirements for vinyl clamping, sawing welding, corner cleaning, and parts preparation.
• Develop PLC software for machine control to meet defined performance requirements
• Design user interface - HMI
• Develop complete electrical schematics.
• Meet required timing for engineering design release
• Provide technical support of manufacturing operations.
• Technical support of sales and marketing.
• Support field service when required.
• Vendor qualification and interface.
• Phone support of service engineers and customers.
• B.S. Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years’ electrical controls experience in a machine design role or equivalent
• Motion control, clamping, machining and automation experience
• AutoCAD, SolidWorks?
• Working knowledge of MS Office products
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Positive attitude, driven to succeed. Dependable and reliable
• Competitive pay based upon experience.
• Full benefits package including medical and dental insurance